As of today I have a new rule…a bad day at work equals a good bottle of wine. Today happened to be a bad day at work so I thought I’d try out the new rule and open a good bottle of wine. Since it’s been ages, I thought I’d do a quick review as well….a review of the wine, not of my bad day.
- Wine Info: 40% Cab Franc, 30% Syrah, 30% Petit Verdot
- Appearance: Dark ruby, lighter around the edges
- Nose: Great fruit – plums and cherries mostly; hint of vanilla and maybe a little clove?
- Taste: Initial ripe fruit and then it reminds me of the skin of a plum – good fruit and just a little tart
- Finish: A little spice initially (maybe from the Syrah?), the fruit lingers for a bit mid palate, medium tannins
- Price: $30 range
- Remarks: This is a great wine with or without food. I’d like to say how it will mellow and improve with age but the truth is, I can’t seem to age this one too long. My only regret is that I didn’t buy more of it when it was available. I won’t make that mistake when it becomes available again.